What is Depression?
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity that can affect a person’s thoughts, behavior, feelings, and sense of well-being. A depressed mood is a normal temporary reaction to life events such as loss of a loved one. It is also a symptom of some physical diseases and a side effect of some drugs and medical treatments. – Wikipedia
Symptoms of Depression:
- You may know a person who had a very “Joyful” Personality few days back, after someday you might hear the incidence of his “death” or “Suicide”? or a mate who has been silent for a very long time?
- Do you find people in public places wearing torn clothes and sitting in a corner?
- Do you know a person drinking alcohol & spreading nuisance, mischief on streets or slept unconscious for days? etc etc…
They are the Patients Of Depression! May Allah Help them, Ameen!
Even Common Anxiety turns into Depression without your Knowledge, this is a disease invited by you Unknowingly.
Reasons Why one Maybe Depressed.
- Expectation: Its Invite Depression, When you keep it unrealistic, Keep it Only with Almighty “Allah” he will not betray your expectation while keeping “PATIENCE”
إذا نظر أحدكم إلى من فضل عليه في المال والخلق فلينظر إلى من هو أسفل منه
“If one of you look at a person who is better than him in wealth and body (charm), let him look at the people beneath him.” (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)
So you be Grateful and don’t think too much and be worried about the things you don’t have or have no control over. Appreciate and Focus your efforts on the things you have, such as Allah’s Mercy, Parents, Family, friends, health etc.
- Haram Relationship: When you are bounded with Prohibited Relation, Shaitan plays with your mind. he deprives your focus of Social Life & Islam. Most youngsters fall into depression due to this unrealistic love. Some Lose their lives in the process.
- Financial & other Problems: There is no problem Bigger than Allah, there is no Such Problem for whom who rely upon Allah’s Will & his Decision.
- Love for Dunya: Indeed Dunya is a test. Success in this Dunya and the next is defined from a Narration of Hadith by Abdullah bin ‘Amr bin Al-‘as (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “Successful is the one who enters the fold of Islam and is provided with sustenance which is sufficient for his day’s needs, and Allah makes him content with what He has bestowed upon him.” [Muslim].
- 5 WAYS THE QU’RAN HELP US UNDERSTAND ALLAH
- TACTICS OF SHAYTAAN AND HOW TO OVERCOME THEM
- THE QUR’AN AND LAW
Islamic Tips for Fighting Depression.
- Wake up Early for Fajar Salah and Defeat Shaitan your first enemy.
- Exercise Daily keep your mind & body fit.
- Don’t Overthink, leave it upon Allah, Keep Tawwakal upon him.
- Share your problems with Allah, Make dua in abundance.
- Share your Problems with your Parents. your brother, sister or your close friend
- Keep yourself busy in your job/work, don’t keep your mind idle. An Idle Mind is the Devil’s Workshop
- Seek Closeness to Allah.
Prophet Muhammad (May peace and blessings be upon him) said: Allah Subhanahu Wata’ala said: I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” -(Sahih Bukhari)
- Keep Positive thinking, Being Nervous or sad with Allah’s decree is Kufr. As Allah Says “But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you, and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not. Surah Baqarah (2;216)
- Be Grateful & Do Thank Allah for every little or big happening in your life. The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: “Allah is pleased with His servant if, when he eats something, he thanks Allah for it, and when he drinks something, he thanks Allah for it” (Muslim).
And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, ‘If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favour]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.’ ” 14:7
- Keep Patience while in Hard Times. Indeed Allah loves the Sabireen (the Patient One)
There you go, what do you think are some of the ways one can fight depression?. Let us hear from you.