I must apologize for the late reminder but this actually came in late.
It’s all about The Light Project GrandFinale. An Islamic Event being organised by a Youth Group in Ghana who call themselves Brand Islam.
Their aim is to position Islam back on the spotlight through branding of Muslims life style to suit the real teaching and practices of the Qur’an, Sunnah and Hadiths. The group was created by young Ghanaian Muslims in 2010 and since then has discussed and provided strategic ways that can be used to further deepen the core values and beliefs of Islam; through series of programs, one of which is THE LIGHT PROJECT.
WHAT IS THE LIGHT PROJECT?
An inter-community speech competition which allows students in Madrasats to deliver speeches on key issues and support their research with related Islamic verses from the Quran and other scholarly materials. This is done by presenting research made on a given topic to the general public.
The light project which had its preliminary stage in three communities (ie. Madina, Nima and Lapaz) had twelve(12) schools participating with two(2) schools from each community qualifying to the final stage;
Now the final Stage is here…
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE GRAND FINALLY
Expectations lead to Disappointments…REALLY!? Forget about that saying let me give you the exclusive rundown of what to expect at the Light Finally. I mean the 411, the whole gist…
- The Event starts at 9am and ends at 2p, on the 17th of October, 2015 at Africanna Guest House
- Rate is Absolutely FREE FREE FREEE… ikr, I’m a lover of free stuffs too
- The Event would be attended by some Influential Muslim Scholars in Ghana. Some of which would be judges of the event. ( No Bribe Issues here please)
- The presentations of the 6 qualifiers would be done in the form of a powerpoint presentation and trust me, I have seen these children practice their presentations and it’s going to something else… In Sha Allah
- Participants Stand the chance of winning Scholarships.
- Strictly by Seat Reservation… text your name and email to +233241068872 to reserve your seat
- and uuhhhhh…That’s it for now…
Want to know More … Meet me at 8:30 AM on Saturday at Africanna Guest House so I whisper all the gists to you.
Let me know you’re a reader of muslimahsameerah.com so we take a selfie after the event, pics with readers would be featured right here on this site
Ask any of the Ushers you want to see muslimahsameerah and they would direct you to me
See you there on saturday In Sha Allah…
Watch this space for post-event review…